Saturday, November 13, 2010

UFC 122

Ok, so after UFC 121, I am at .500 (16 for 32). Not pretty, but I'll live. I'm pretty excited about this card, as it's a lot more stacked than the usual UFC foreign cards. This should be a nice night of UFC.
Middleweight bout: Nate Marquardt (30-9-2) vs. Yushin Okami (25-5)
After He-Man (Marquardt) defeated Moss Man (Rousimar Palhares), he is trying to continue his momentum. Standing in his way is Yushin Okami. According to www.sherdog.com, we are watching the number 4 Middleweight in Marquardt and number 8 in Okami. Both look solid. 4 of Marquardt's last 5 fights have been knockout wins, as opposed to 2 for Okami's. I'm not really sure who to go for here. I think I'm going to go with Marquardt. (Hey, Okami, a quick warning. Marquardt likes to work up a good sweat. If you complain to the ref, Marquardt will knock you out. Just FYI...)
Winner: Marquardt
Middleweight bout: Jorge Rivera (18-7)  vs. Alessio Sakara (15-7, 1 NC)
This should be quite the slugfest. 60% of Sakara's victories & 68.2% of Rivera's have been via TKO. Looking on paper, there is not one fighter who stands out to me as a winner. Both are coming off three victories. Part of me goes with Rivera, just because this is what my gut tells me.
Winner: Rivera
Lightweight bout: Dennis Siver (16-7) vs. Andre Winner (11-4)
Andre Winner and Dennis Siver have both lost to Ross Pearson. Siver is a well-accomplished veteran who's fought in a lot of different environments. Andrew Winner is a strong fighter with lots of talent and promise. Siver will have the home country advantage, which will be rare for him. Somehow I see Siver walking out of this the winner. (no pun intended)
Winner: Siver
Welterweight bout: Amir Sadollah (3-2) vs. Peter Sobotta (8-3)
Amir Sadollah is one of my three favorite fighters. When TapOut had the sale on their t-shirts, his signature tee was the one I bought. So I'm not exactly partial with this one. I want Sadollah to win. Sobotta looks impressive, so I'm going to go with him. Sadollah could walk away, but they're in Germany. Sobotta's going to have the crowd behind him.
Winner: Sobotta
Light Heavyweight bout: Krzysztof Soszynski (21-10-1) vs. Goran Reljic (8-2)
Anybody who watched Season 8 of The Ultimate Fighter knows that Krzysztof is quite a character. But is being a character going to stop somebody who's knocked out or submitted 7 out of his 8 wins? And his two losses, those have been decisions.  It won't be The Polish Experiment's character that will win him the fight. It will be the fact he's had 1 decision in 24 victories. 10 KO's & 11 submissions. This guy has too many weapons at his disposal. I will call this Polish Experiment a success.
Winner: Soszynski

No comments:

Post a Comment